Bids / RFPs
WATER TREATMENT PLANT UPGRADES
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Contact Kimley-Horn, Inc. to purchase a copy of the RFP, Contract Documents, including blank bid forms - Cost $250.00 (non-refundable)
Click here to read the Bid Advertisement.
PARKS AND RECREATION DEPARTMENT
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
PLANNING AND DESIGN FOR NEW VILLAGE COMMUNITY CENTER
RFP NO.: RFP2018-01PR
TITLE: PLANNING AND DESIGN FOR NEW VILLAGE COMMUNITY CENTER
DUE DATE: Monday, June 25, 2018
TIME: 2:00 PM (Local Time)
The Village held a Pre-proposal Conference on Monday, May 14, 2018 at Village Hall, Village of Tequesta, at 10:00 a.m. Attendance was recommended, but not mandatory.
Sealed proposals must be received on or before the due date and time (local time) at the office of the Village Clerk, 345 Tequesta Drive, Tequesta, Florida 33469. Normal Village business hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, except holidays.
All proposals will be publicly opened at Village Hall and will be reviewed and ranked. Each proposal submitted to the Village Clerk shall have the following information clearly marked on the face of the envelope: the Proposer’s name, return address, RFP number, due date for proposers, and the title of the RFP. Included in the envelope shall be one (1) original and five (5) copies of the proposal, and one (1) electronic version on CD. The original should be marked “ORIGINAL”. Each copy must be identical to the original and the file format on the CD should be in Portable Document Format (pdf).
The Village of Tequesta utilizes electronic online services for notification and distribution of its solicitation documents. The Village’s solicitation information can be obtained from the Village of Tequesta website at http://www.tequesta.org, or by contacting the Village Clerk’s Office at (561) 768-0443. Proposers who obtain RFP packages from sources other than those named above are cautioned that the RFP package may be incomplete. The Village will not evaluate incomplete proposal packages. The Village is not responsible for errors and omissions occurring in the transmission or downloading of any documents, addenda, plans, or specifications from these websites. In the event of any discrepancy between information on these websites and the hard copy solicitation documents, the terms and conditions of the hardcopy documents will prevail.
Any questions regarding the specifications and RFP process must be submitted in writing to the Parks and Recreation Department at email@example.com. To allow enough time for the Village to respond, requests for clarification and additional information should be received at least forty-eight (48) hours before the Proposals Due Date.
Addendum 1 - May 8, 2018
The Village will hold a Pre-proposal Conference on Monday, May 14, 2018 at Village Hall, Village of Tequesta, starting promptly at 10:00 a.m. Attendance is recommended, but not mandatory. This date was incorrectly advertised as Friday, May 14.
Addendum 2 - May 16, 2018
(see Addendum 4 below for updated criteria)
During the pre-proposal meeting, the Manager stated he would amend the criteria for selection. This is the new criteria:
The new evaluation criteria is as follows:
a. Proposer's organization, structure, and philosophy = 25 points
b. The qualifications of the Proposer’s professional staff to be assigned to provide the professional services = 25 points
c. Proposer’s references, past experience, and performance on comparable work = 25 points
d. The Proposer’s conceptual designs for the community center and grounds = 25 points
Addendum 3 - May 25, 2018Zoning Information
Addendum 4 - June 6, 2018 (most accurate criteria info)
The Village is amending the criteria for selection as follows:
a. Proposer's organization, structure and philosophy = 25 points
b. The qualifications of the Proposer's professional staff to be assigned to provide the professional services = 25 points
c. Proposer's references, past experience, and performance on comparable projects = 30 points
d Certified Minority Business Enterprise = 10 points
e. Commitment to meeting Village time frames and budget; current and projected work loads = 10 points
Addendum 5 - June 8, 2018
Due to the recent criteria changes, the submittal deadline has been EXTENDED in order to provide ample time to submit a comprehensive presentation. The submittal date is now June 25, 2018 at 2:00 p.m.
Questions will continue to be accepted until Wednesday, June 13, 2018 at 2:00 p.m.
- Indemnification provisions shall be interpreted and applied so as to be limited to the maximum amount allowed by Sec. 725.06, F.S.
- No Performance Bond or Letter of Credit is required at this time.
QuestionsIs a survey available for the property where the new community center is to be located? It would be helpful to have dimensions of the site.
2. Are going to consider technology vendors for the networking portion of the project, or if it would make sense to attend the pre-proposal conference in order to learn more about the scope of that work?
We will be handling the technology needs internally.
3. The RFP states that it is on Friday, May 14th. Is this Pre-proposal conference on Friday, May 11th, or Monday, May 14th?
Monday, May 14
4. In the RFP, they mention in section 3.17 Insurance coverage.Is there more detailed information on the values, types of coverage. This is just to insure we are/will be in compliance should we decide to pursue this exciting project.
General Liability $1M each occurrence, $1M personal Injury, auto $1M, Workers Comp $100k each accident $100 each employee $500k, both naming the Village as additional insured.
5. In the pre-proposal meeting, it was mentioned the intent to release a site date package which will clarify the applicable setbacks, buffers, parking requirements, etc. helping all the participants to comply with the current Land Development Regulations. Please let us know when and how this data will be made available?
Anything further that is provided regarding the RFP will be placed as an Addendum to the RFP and placed on this page.
6. It appears that the above referenced RFP is missing the Truth-In-Negotiation Certificate.
The RFP is complete for the solicitation stage. When we get to the negotiations stage, we will require a Truth in Negotiations Certificate from the successful proposer(s).
7. Under 7.2 REQUIRED SUBMITTALS, Required Information to be included in submittal; Item e., Requested balance sheet and P&L being requested are confidential firm information. As such, it should be allowed to be submitted within a separate envelope marked confidential so that said information does not become public as allowed by Florida Statues. Confirm that Village agrees.
Village agrees re: the confidential nature of the balance sheet, and P&L statements.
8. ‘Contact Person’ on the cover page indicates that ‘requests for clarification and additional information should be received at least forty-eight hours before the Proposal Due Date.’ This appears to indicate June 09, 2018 by 2:00. However, Section 2.3, item ‘c’ indicates that the Deadline for Receipt of Questions is May 21, 2018. Please clarify
We will accept questions up to 48 hours prior to the due date (June 9, 2018 by 2:00 pm)
9. Section 3.32 requests a Performance bond. Typically, this is not required of Professional Services contracts. Please clarify if a performance bond, as described in the RFP will be required. If so, please clarify that this will only be required of the selected Proposer as indicated in Section 7.1, h.
No Performance Bond or Letter of Credit is required at this time.
10. Section 5, Tab 4 requests that Proposer’s ‘provide preliminary descriptions and preliminary/conceptual layouts of the proposed Village Community Center building and grounds.’ Additionally, Section 6.2 ‘Evaluation Criteria’ indicates that ‘item ‘d’, The Proposer’s conceptual designs for the community center and grounds’ will be worth 50 of the possible 100 technical criteria points. However, at the Pre-Proposal Conference on May 14, 2018, Village staff responded to questions and indicated that a conceptual design will not be accepted as part of the proposal and will not count towards the ‘Evaluation Criteria’. Village staff indicated that this is not a design competition and that proposer’s will be selected based on experience and qualifications alone. Please clarify
See Addendum 2, May 16, 2018 in above Addendum section.
The Village has not set a definitive budget for this project at this time. The Village is looking for advice and opinions from proposers on this item based on the general description of the facility desired by the Village as contained in the RFP
12. Will the Village of Tequesta consider extending the June 11th submittal deadline since you are requesting that a preliminary/conceptual layouts of the proposed Village be included in the response?
The Village Manager does not wish to extend the 6/11 deadline.
13. Page 12 - Project Description notes that minimum standards are to be established for LEED certifications. Advice what LEED category is requested and if the building needs to be certified.
Per our Building Director, the Florida Building Code does not require the building to be LEED certified. LEED v4 Impact Category and Point Allocation Process Overview
14. Can we use your Indian or feather logo and photos from the Village's website?
You can use the Indian logo but we prefer you not use the feather logo. You may use any of the nature pictures on our website.
15. Want information on the location of utilities in the area and around it in the surrounding neighbors. Also, record drawings, sewer and water lines, drainage availability, etc.
This RFP is just to select the firm based on qualifications and experience and the ability to provide services. The winning bidder will be provided with all the necessary information following bid award.
16. In the forms section of the above referenced RFQ, the document entitled, “Proposer Submittal Signature Page” has a line requesting prompt payment terms. Can you please explain what this refers to? Is it for the architect’s submission of reimbursable expenses to the City?
Per our legal department, the prompt payment line can be left blank and this issue will be addressed in the contract with the successful proposer.