US-1 Resurfacing Project Updates
Our progress this week:
- Installation of patterned pavement crosswalk at Tequesta Drive
Planned work for the next week:
- Continue patterned crosswalk installation at Tequesta Drive and Alt. A1A/Beach Road
- Continue remaining concrete and sign work
Major items impacting the public:
- Work will be occurring nightly, Monday night through Friday morning, between 8 PM and 7 AM, and will require one additional lane closure. One travel lane will remain open in each direction at all times. Due to the Thanksgiving holiday, there will be no work on Sunday night.
- Minor work will also be occurring during the day next week with sign installations and concrete repairs. No travel lanes will be closed for this work, but there may be intermittent closures of the bike lanes and minor impacts at side street corners.
Lane closure information from the weekly press release:
- US 1 Resurfacing, from south of Beach Road to north of County Line Road
This 1.4-mile lane reduction and resurfacing project began Monday, Nov. 6, 2017, in the Village of Tequesta. Work includes permanently eliminating the outside northbound and southbound lanes leaving two lanes in each direction, widening turn lanes, adding buffered bike lanes and patterned pavement crosswalks, milling and resurfacing the roadway, widening and replacing sidewalks, drainage and lighting improvements, pedestrian and mast arm signalization, vehicle detection systems, signage, and pavement marking upgrades. The work is being performed by J.W. Cheatham, LLC, and is expected to be completed fall 2018. The estimated construction cost is $3.2 million. (Fin. 428718-1-52-01, 02, 03, 04 & 05)
Restrictions: One travel lane, turn lane, or turn out may be closed in each direction on the mainline and at cross streets, nightly, 8 p.m. until 7 a.m., Sunday night through Friday morning, through December, for striping operations. For more information, please contact Community Outreach Specialist Meredith Cruz at 561-641-6440.