The plan review process is a technical review of your plans to ensure they reflect the requirements needed to comply with the codes as adopted by the Village of Tequesta. Required plan reviews and the length of time is dependent upon the size and complexity of the project. Normal plan review turn around time is five (5) days max. Depending on the scope of permit, any or all of the following reviews may be required:
As we are moving towards electronic scanning and filing of construction plans and documents, we ask that plan submittals for large projects be in the form of two (2) hard copies and one (1) electronic copy for permanent filing.
Submit only one hard copy of appropriate Florida product approvals and/or Miami-Dade Notices of Acceptance (NOA). Site specific wind design engineering criteria shall be required in accordance with the 2014 Florida Building Code Section 1609.1.
Site specific wind design criteria shall be submitted for windows, doors, roofing, siding, soffit, shutters, signs, sign structures, awnings, fences above 6 feet, roof mounted equipment, ground mounted equipment, screen rooms, carports, pre-manufactured sheds, cell towers, antennae arrays, and flag poles above 20 feet. All documentation must be signed and sealed by an architect or engineers licensed in Florida.
The following information related to wind loads shall be shown, regardless of whether wind loads govern the design of the lateral-force-resisting system of the building.
- Ultimate design wind speed Vult, (3-second gust), miles per hour (km/hr) and nominal design wind speed, Vasd, as determined in accordance with Section 1609.3.1.
- CATEGORY 1 STRUCTURES 160 MPH
- CATEGORY 11 STRUCTURES 170 MPH
- CATEGORY III & IV STRUCTURES 180 MPH
- Risk Category (I, II, III, or IV) from Table 1604.5 or ASCE 7 - 10
- Wind Surface Roughness Exposure Category (B, C, or D) per FBC 1609.4.2
- Enclosure classifications and if designing with ASCE 7 internal pressure coefficient
- Design Wind Pressures of Exterior Components and Cladding per PBC 1609.6.4.4.1
Please note that all plan review comments must be addressed in narrative form and plan corrections must be clouded on the drawings for re-review. Failure to cloud plan corrections will result in longer re-review time periods.