Trela White, Esq.
- J.D. Nova University School of Law - Fort Lauderdale, Florida (1980)
- Law Review
- First Place - Moot Court Competition
- Goodwin Scholar
- B.S. Cum Laude - University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri (1966)
CURRENT MUNICIPAL POSITIONS
- October 1990 to Present, Private Practice - Partner and President, Corbett and White, P.A.
- Practicing in Municipal Law matters; handling most all litigation for clients except when insurance coverage provides counsel; and General Counsel for the Palm Beach County League of Cities, Inc.
- May 1988 to October 1990, Private Practice - Trela J. White, Esquire
- Practicing in Municipal Law matters; handling most all litigation for clients except when insurance coverage provided counsel; also Attorney for West Palm Beach Expos; Attorney for FIRMA - Florida Intergovernmental Risk and Management Association.
- February 1987 to May 1988 F. Martin Perry & Associates, P.A.;
- Practicing in Land Use; Zoning; Real Estate; Governmental Permitting and Municipal Law matters.
- January 1985 to February 1987 Gibson and Adams, P.A.
- Practicing in Land Use; Governmental Permitting; Real Estate Contracts; Closings; Commercial Litigation; Foreclosures; Banking Law and Municipal Law matters.
- August 1982 to January 1985 Assistant City Attorney - City of West Palm Beach;
- Board Attorney for Zoning Board of Appeals; Licensing Board; Building Board of Adjustments and Appeals; City, Fire and Police Pension Boards; Handled all Litigation arising from the Boards; Prosecuted Civil Service Cases; Workers' Compensation; and Assisted the City Attorney with City Commission matters.
- June 1981 to August 1982 Assistant Attorney General - State Department of Legal Affairs;
- Prosecuted and Defended Criminal Appellate matters on behalf of the State of Florida; and Practiced extensively before the 4th District Court of Appeals.
- September 1978 to December 1980 - Attended Law School
- 1979 - 1980 Teaching Assistant for Legal Research and Writing at Nova University School of Law; Legal Intern for Federal Judge, Honorable Norman C. Roettger, Jr., United States District Court, Southern District; and Research Assistant for two Law School Professors.*
- 1979 - June 1981 Law Clerk for Fort Lauderdale Law Firm of Brinkley, McNearney and Morgan - While Attending Law School
(Served by Corbett and White, P.A.)
- Town Attorney - Town of Lantana (since 1986);
- City Attorney - City of Atlantis (since 1987);
- Village Attorney - Village of Royal Palm Beach (since 1993);
- Town Attorney - Town of Palm Beach Shores (since 1994);
- Town Attorney - Town of Mangonia Park (since 1994);
- Village Attorney - Village of Golf (since 1999);
- Town Attorney - Town of Manalapan (since 2002)
- City Attorney-City of Belle Glade (2003-2008)
- Town Attorney - Town of South Palm Beach (since 2005)
- Palm Beach Co. League of Cities, Inc. - General Counsel (since 1992)
Representing all 37 Municipalities on matters of mutual interest
- Admitted Florida Bar (1981)
- American Bar Association
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Named as one of five finalists for the Florida League of Cities 2008 “City Attorney of the Year” Award.
- Named as one of the top Municipal Lawyers in South Florida in the South Florida Legal Guide for 2005, 2006,
- 2007 and 2008.
- Named as one of the “100 People Who Get Things Done” by the Palm Beach Daily News in 2006.