Keith Davis, Esq.
Corbett and White, P.A.
- College of William and Mary, Marshall-Wythe School of Law Williamsburg, Virginia
- J.D. May 1992: Top 16% of Class.
- Journal: Articles Editor, William and Mary Journal of Environmental Law.
- Activities: Institute of Bill of Rights Law. Environmental Law Society. Phi Delta Phi Legal Fraternity. 1990 Summer School of Law - London / Exeter, England.
- University of South Florida Tampa, Florida
- B.A. Psychology, August 1989: Top 15% of Class.
- Honors: Graduated CUM LAUDE. Dean’s List three years. Sigma Chi Fraternity, Most Outstanding Florida Undergraduate, 1989.
- Activities: Student Government. Sigma Chi Fraternity. Inter-Fraternity Council.
July 2002 - Present
Board Certified Specialist in City, County and Local Government Law.
Chief Counsel for the Towns of Mangonia Park and Palm Beach Shores; responsible for attending Town Council/Commission meetings and handling all of those Towns’ legal matters. Co-Counsel for City of Atlantis, with same responsibilities as noted above. Assist with the representation as general counsel for the Palm Beach County municipalities of Golf, Lantana, Manalapan, Royal Palm Beach and South Palm Beach. Generally responsible for handling and supervising all litigation (including appellate litigation) arising from planning and zoning, land use, code enforcement, and real property and vehicle forfeiture matters for all the above municipalities. Also certifed as a County and Circuit Civil Court mediator.
Powers, McNalis, & Moody
February 2001 - July 2002
Associate Attorney on the Liability Team. Handled the defense of persons and corporations in third party insurance liability cases in courts throughout the State of Florida. Responsible for major research and writing projects, preparing and drafting discovery documents, pleadings, client correspondence, and motions for summary judgment. Further responsible for attending depositions of parties and non-party witnesses, motion calendar hearings, and evidentiary hearings on motions for summary judgment. Also handled first party insurance company representation, including examinations under oath of insureds in water, fire, and auto loss cases, and drafted and argued Petitions for Declaratory Relief on multiple issues of coverage and the duty to defend.
Office of the State Attorney, 15th Judicial Circuit
May 1995 - February 2001
Assigned as Division Chief to the Circuit Court Juvenile Division. Responsibilities included overseeing all prosecutions in a juvenile trial division as well as filing felony and misdemeanor charges and prosecuting juvenile detention hearings. Previously assigned to the Circuit Court Felony Division. Responsibilities included prosecuting non-capital felony crimes. Previously assigned to the Appellate Division. Responsibilities included researching and drafting written responses to motions for post conviction relief and arguing motions in circuit court on issues including ineffective assistance of counsel and sentence legality. Also briefed and argued county court appeals in the circuit court. Previously assigned to the County Court Division. Responsibilities included prosecuting misdemeanor crimes such as domestic violence and DUI. Argued against numerous motions to suppress evidence. Additionally responsible for prosecuting arraignments and first appearances.
Office of the Public Defender, 19th Judicial Circuit
December 1992 - April 1995
Represented indigent criminal defendants in both county and circuit courts. Tried in excess of forty jury trials including misdemeanor and felony charges. Argued numerous motions including evidence suppression, bond reduction, charge dismissal, and sentence modification. Circuit court work also included representing defendants in juvenile court and Baker Act hearings. Drafted several briefs for appellate review on issues including evidence admissibility, evidence sufficiency, and restitution.
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT/PRO BONO
- Admitted to Practice in all Florida State Courts.
- Admitted to Practice in the United States District Court, Southern District of Florida.
- Admitted to Practice in the United States District Court, Northern District of Florida.
- Village of North Palm Beach Zoning Board of Adjustment
- Bright Futures International Elementary School and Academy for International Studies Middle School
President and Registered Agent of the Board of Directors for two Palm Beach County charter schools. Responsible for business of school operations including major fund-raising, employment of staff, approval of budget, hiring of consultants, and review and approval of legal documents.
- Admitted Florida Bar (1992)
- American Bar Association
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
The Role of the Virginia Marine Resources Commission in Regulating and Zoning the Water Bodies of the Commonwealth, 16 William and Mary Journal of Environmental Law 81 (1992).