News and Updates
Ganoderma Tree Disease
Ganoderma butt rot is a relatively new and lethal disease of Florida palm trees. It is caused by a fungus, Ganoderma
Unfortunately, there is currently no effective treatment for
Please take the following steps for the proper removal of your infected palm:
1. Obtain a no-charge Tree Removal Permit from the Village of Tequesta Building Department
2. Call 811 to make arrangements to mark your utility locations.
3. Contact a licensed tree removal service.
4. Prior to cutting down the palm, remove the conk, bag it and place in a trash receptacle that will be incinerated or delivered to a landfill. Do not place in
5. If you do it yourself, please use the following guidelines: The infected lower portion of the palm (normally 4-5ft) needs to be cut up and placed into plastic bags (to prevent spores from getting
Let’s be proactive and work together as a community to help prevent additional losses of palm trees by taking this seriously and dealing with it appropriately.