- Projects Affecting Residents
- Jupiter Federal Bridge
Jupiter Federal Bridge
Bridge Closure Starts March 13, 2023
The bridge will be closed to vehicles and pedestrians for approximately 20 months. Traffic will be detoured to Alternate A1A. Access to adjacent properties and businesses will be maintained. Navigation through the channel will be maintained for marine traffic. Channel restrictions may occur.
In preparation for the closure, single lane closures in both directions will occur on US 1 between CR A1A and Alternate A1A/Beach Road beginning at 10 p.m. on March 12. In addition, law enforcement will direct traffic at the intersection of US 1 and Alternate A1A beginning at 10 p.m. on March 12.
Please click on the video below for the detour route.
January 12, 2023
The Florida Department of Transportation offered a progress update presentation to the Village Council during the Council Meeting on January 12th. You can view the FDOT presentation or listen to it via our Youtube Live Stream. FDOT has scheduled two Open Houses: February 28, 2023 and March 1, 2023. Stay tuned for locations.
February 22, 2022
Jupiter US1 Bridge Replacement Project Video
The 4.1 mile US 1 Bridge Replacement Project will replace the existing bridge over the Loxahatchee River and Intracoastal Waterway in the Town of Jupiter from CR A1A to CR 707/Beach Road. The replacement bridge will consist of two 11-foot travel lanes, 7-foot bicycle lanes and 8-foot sidewalks in each direction. The new bridge will have up to 42 feet of vertical clearance, and the navigable-channel width will be increased to 125 feet. An intelligent transportation system will be installed to improve traffic flow. Permanent intersection improvements will occur at Alternate A1A and Old Dixie Highway. In addition, there will be minor repairs to the Alternate A1A bridge over the Loxahatchee River. Construction began on October 18, 2021.
For more information, please contact Community Outreach Specialist Angel Streeter Gardner at 561-886-8773 or email@example.com.
Please see below anticipated work (weather permitting) through May 25, 2023:
- Pile driving to install bridge foundations. Please anticipate heightened noise levels during daytime hours.
- Constructing the main bascule piers.
- Constructing the bridge tender house.
- Demolishing the existing bridge and roadway approaches.
- The US 1 bridge between CR A1A and Jupiter Cove Drive is closed through fall 2024. Traffic is being detoured as follows to Alternate A1A:
- Northbound motorists will go west on Indiantown Road to Alternate A1A, then go north on Alternate A1A to US 1.
- Southbound motorists will go south on Alternate A1A to Indiantown Road, then go east on Indiantown Road to US 1.
- Anticipated Completion: 2026
- Estimated Construction Cost: $122 Million
- Bridge Closure Start: March 2023
Birds eye view of construction
US 1 Bridge Replacement Project Open House Recorded Webinar
The Florida Department of Transportation hosted a Construction Open House Webinar regarding the scheduled bridge and roadway improvements on US 1 from CR A1A to CR 707. This webinar will provide an extensive overview of the upcoming bridge replacement project including improvements, traffic impacts, and answers to submitted questions.
Open house/Webinar Handouts:
Please direct all questions to the FDOT - Contact Info:
- Bodler Barthelemy, P.E. - FDOT Project Managerbodler.firstname.lastname@example.org or 561-370-1127
- Angel Gardner, Community Outreach Specialistangel@valerin-group.com or 561-886-8773