Jupiter Federal Bridge
Coffee with the Project Team
Come have a cup of joe with the project team overseeing construction of the US 1 bridge.
The project team will be at Carve Surf & Coffee, 255 S. US Highway 1 in Tequesta, from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. on Tuesday, December 6, to answer questions about the project.
January Project Description
The 4.1 mile US 1 Bridge Replacement Project will replace the existing bridge over the Loxahatchee River and Intracoastal Waterway in the Town of Jupiter from CR A1A to CR 707/Beach Road. The replacement bridge will consist of two 11-foot travel lanes, 7-foot bicycle lanes and 8-foot sidewalks in each direction. The new bridge will have up to 42 feet of vertical clearance, and the navigable-channel width will be increased to 125 feet. An intelligent transportation system will be installed to improve traffic flow. Permanent intersection improvements will occur at Alternate A1A and Old Dixie Highway. In addition, there will be minor repairs to the Alternate A1A bridge over the Loxahatchee River. Construction began on October 18, 2021.
For more information, please contact Community Outreach Specialist Angel Streeter Gardner at 561-886-8773 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see below anticipated work (weather permitting) through January 5, 2023:
- Pile driving may occur to install bridge foundations. Please anticipate heightened noise levels during daytime hours.
- Constructing the main bascule piers.
- Reconstructing the intersection at Alternate A1A and Old Dixie Highway.
- Minor widening at Indiantown Road and Alternate A1A.
- Minor widening at US 1 and Indiantown Road.
- Installing Intelligent Transportation System infrastructure.
- Relocating utilities.
- One lane in either direction on US 1 between Jupiter Cove Drive and CR A1A/Ocean Drive may be closed intermittently between 9:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
- The outside lane on northbound Alternate A1A north of Riverside Drive and the right-turn lane from Alternate A1A to southbound US 1 is closed continuously for approximately one month.
- The right-turn lane from northbound US 1 to eastbound Beach Road will be closed from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on November 30.
- One left-turn lane from northbound US 1 to westbound Indiantown Road may be closed from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. November 28 through December 3.
- One southbound lane on US 1 between Breakwater Court and South Coastal Way may be closed from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. November 28 through December 3.
- One westbound lane on Indiantown Road east and west of US 1 may be closed from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. November 30 through December 3.
- The right-turn lane from southbound US 1 to westbound Indiantown Road may be closed from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. November 30 through December 3.
- The left-turn lane from southbound Alternate A1A to eastbound Indiantown Road may be closed overnight from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. November 28 through December 1.
- Alternate A1A's northbound inside lane between the Shoppes of Jonathon's Landing and south of Old Jupiter Beach Road may be closed from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. November 28 through December 1.
Birds eye view of construction
- Anticipated Completion: 2026
- Estimated Construction Cost: $122 Million
US 1 Bridge Replacement Project Open House Recorded Webinar
The Florida Department of Transportation hosted a Construction Open House Webinar regarding the scheduled bridge and roadway improvements on US 1 from CR A1A to CR 707. This webinar will provide an extensive overview of the upcoming bridge replacement project including improvements, traffic impacts, and answers to submitted questions.
Open house/Webinar Handouts:
Please direct all questions to the FDOT - Contact Info:
- Bodler Barthelemy, P.E. - FDOT Project Managerbodler.email@example.com or 561-370-1127
- Angel Gardner, Community Outreach Specialistangel@valerin-group.com or 561-886-8773