Planning and Zoning Board
PLANNING AND ZONING BOARD VACANCY
To access the Planning and Zoning Board Powers and Duties.
The Planning & Zoning Board meets on the 3rd Thursday of the month at 5:30 p.m. to review and make recommendations to the Village Council regarding applications for site plan review, signage requested in conjunction with site plan review and any other reviews related to planning, zoning and development requested by the Village Council. The Board also sits as the Local Planning Agency and serves as the Village Infrastructure Surtax Citizen Oversight Committee.
The Board is open to all incorporated Tequesta residents over 18 years of age, must be a registered voter within the Village of Tequesta and have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge regarding site plan review and site plan modifications including aesthetic review
- Knowledge regarding signage in conjunction with site plan review and site plan modifications
- Ability to review and analyze in detail information submitted by applicants, including exhibits, studies and other information presented in order to formalize a decision on if the application meets the proposed development and level of service standards required by Village Code
- The ability to determine if the general requirements minimum aesthetic standards for all site development, buildings, structures, or alterations within the village except in districts R-1A and R-1 are met per Code.
- Janet Strand, Chair
- Elizabeth Schauer - Regular Member
- Leslee Dasher - Regular Member
- Theresa Maggio - Regular Member
- Regular Member Vacancy
- Sherry Ambrose – Alternate No. 1
- Jeanne McEldowney - Alternate No. 2
- Marie Sapirie- Alternate No. 3